The bathroom has transformed into a luxurious sanctuary in recent years and the biggest bathroom design trends continue to push boundaries, creating spaces that exude style and relaxation. Whether you are building a new home or renovating an existing bathroom, incorporating these trends will elevate your space to new heights of sophistication. Let’s explore the top trends that dominated luxury bathroom design in 2023, as outlined by two lead designers in the DFW area:
1. Larger floor tiles for the sake of design and maintenance
“We primarily see customers choosing a 12” x 24” format for the floors, however recently we have seen a lot more interest in a larger square like those 18” x 18”, 24” x 24”, etc. They’re steering away from the smaller square format for floors.”
– Meagan Houston, Lead Designer at FS Design Gallery in The Colony.
2. Fun tile patterns and colors to bring the space to life
“We’re seeing a lot more fun patterns and colors are being used more frequently as well—think checkerboard pattern for a utility floor. We’re seeing pink shower wall tiles, greens and blues—they’re not shying away from drama as much as we’ve seen in the past.”
– Megan Houston
3. Oversized showers and freestanding soaking tubs
4. Linen towers, over linen closets
“Linen towers don’t take away from square footage, and it gives a grander master suite feel.”
– Carlie Westbrook, Interior Design Manager at Southwestern Interiors
With these trends, you can create a bathroom that not only meets your needs but also leaves a lasting impression on anyone who enters.
Read more in the full article here.